Thursday, March 13, 2008

God is so Faithful!!!

Blessings to Everyone,

Just a short note to let you all know that we are doing great. The Lord
has truly sustained our family over the last 9 days...Steve and I will be
gone for 4 more days and then we finally get to be a full family again!!!
This time away has been such a blessing to us. Our children have blessed us
emmensely by "allowing" us to have this special time together...just mom and
dad!!! We have sooo many precious memories...way too many to list.

We did actually get snowed in while travelling thru KY. We got to spend 2 days in
Lexington...not a bad thing...I LOVE LEXINGTON! I would guess that we got about
6-8 inches of snow while we were there...the neat part is that it was my
birthday!! Thanks for the special birthday present, Lord!!!

Our precious friends, Ben and Tina Pollock, flew into DC on Monday the 10th
and have been with us for the rest of our journey. Poor Tina came down on Monday
night with a fever and cold. She has been such a "trooper" while travelling. She actually had to spend two days in DC while we "travelled" around and returned in the evenings. You know she would much rather be in a nice soft bed somewhere, but she never complains. I love you, Tina!!! You know that friends are real "keepers" when
you can spend 10-12 hours a day in a car with someone and still be talking when
you get to the next day!!!:):):) It has been a precious time with you, Ben...
one that we will never forget. Thank you both for your friendship. We love you.

I'm sure some of you are wondering how we are "really" doing. We are doing great.
This time away has allowed both the children and us the opportunity to "relax" and
build up for the journey before us. Sometimes I almost feel like I am in "denial"...
how can I be "so" sick and feel so good??? I am still trying to figure that one
out. I guess it is called God's Grace...I can take that! I do have "down" moments
every now and then, but my wonderful husband gently reminds me of God's promises,
he reminds me of my "little angel", and most of all of the peace that God has given
us to walk this journey. Fear is not of God. I must remind myself of this often.
This scripture comes to me:
Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings em>>(bad medical reports): his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.
It helps me to change the word "he" to "I"...it really comes alive to me then. My heart is fixed on the Lord...therefore I must trust Him....therefore I must not or shall not be afraid. That's it...plain and simple. So why do I struggle at times? Because I am a weak, sinful creature...but thru Christ I am a beautiful creation. Christ knows what I am going thru. He cares for the lilies and the birds. He knows the number of hairs on my head. WHY SHOULD I FEAR??? I shouldn't!!! and shame on me when I do.

Please continue to pray for us. Your prayers are what is getting us thru this. I want all of you to know that we love you and are also praying for you. When I start to feel fearful, I pray for those of you who are interceding on our behalf. It is a miracle...when I do this the fear leaves and I am able to once again focus on daily life. If I didn't prayer when this happens, the fear can overwhelm me and very quickly depression sets in. Thank you Lord Jesus, for giving me the opportunity to also intercede for those who are praying for us. Thank you for their prayers. They are placing themselves in our battle. I pray that you will bless them in so many ways. Bless them so that they know it is truly from you. That they can see you so clearly!!! I love you Jesus!!!! Amen.

God bless each and everyone of you. Thank you again for your love and prayers.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment