Friday, May 22, 2009

THE MAJESTIC SIERRA NEVADA MOUNTAINS

On day 6 of our journey we not only visited the
Bristlecone Pine Trees, we also got to experience
the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We also refer to this
day as the "never ending day". We drove over 600
miles that day. Four hours of the drive was spent
going from the east side of the Sierra Nevada's to
the west side. (I never thought it would end.)
My pictures are a little out of order...my error...
but I think you can see that they went on and on and....


Moon Lake, CA


Sierra Nevada's (part of them!!!)











That was us!!!


The beginning of 4 hours of adventure (or misery for some of us!!!)











And on and on and on....











DON'T LOOK DOWN!!!


Yepper-do, it's a frozen lake!!! No idea how high we were!!!


Giving the brakes a break!!!


and on and on and on...








Close to sunset...breathtaking.


Civilization!!! This one is for you Java!!!


The end of the neverending journey!!!






2 comments:

  1. You call that civilization!! I think NOT!! I prefer to stay uncivilized if civilization means Mc...., well you know the rest.

    Java

    The Sierra Nevadas were so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny!!! I knew you'd love that picture!!! I have to give Mickey's one up on Taco Bell.
    (otherwise known in our family as mystery meat!!!)
    Yes, they are beautiful...I just wish I could've enjoyed them instead of being terrified!!!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete