Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Christmas Gift Giving Idea...

I know that this time of year can be especially stressful for those of us who
don't have alot of extra money floating around. Our family came up with the idea
of "coupon books" a few years ago and I felt led to share this idea for who ever
might be interested.
All it takes is paper and some pens or markers and most importantly a servant's
heart!!! The coupons can range from doing a chore for a sibling to rubbing dad's
feet after a hard day. Maybe even changing a diaper for a new baby for a tired
momma to even fixing a meal for the family. We've even considered doing this for
friends...a game night at our home complete with snacks!!! Not only are you not
having to spend money, you are blessing those around you by ministering to their
needs.
I hope this idea blesses someone out there who is struggling with ideas for gift-
giving!!!
Merry Christmas everyone!! We hope your family has a blessed holiday season!!!

5 comments:

  1. That idea is so much fun. Various members of our family over the years have done this, and it's so precious to have my feet rubbed, or bed made, etc.!

    Thanks for sharing!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a good idea! Plus, it's nice to get something personalized to your needs!

    God Bless,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie,
    Nice to hear from you!! Hope you all are doing good. Is Robert gonna be home for the holidays?
    Give our love to everyone!!
    Merry Christmas!!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dreaming of a white Ft.Christmas pix..... Do you have any to share with all of us?

    O.k., I'll be patient!! I think I can, I think I can, I KNOW I can, NOT!!

    Love y'al1
    Each and Every One,
    Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea, Tracy! We've done some of this in the past as well. These are the sweetest gifts and usually far more valuable than anything you can buy. Our time we invest in one another is such a precious commidity.

    God bless you all and
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    Love,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete