Saturday, April 12, 2008

Our Garden.

Hey Y'all,
These are some Pictures of Our Garden we planted on March 24th.
A precious couple came and not only taught us how to plant a Garden ,but brought all the Equipment to do it. They brought a Tiller, Fertilizer, Seeds, and Starter Plants.
We Planted Corn, Cilantro, Beets, Dill, Cucumbers, Beets, Sweet Potatoes, Radishes, Tomatoes, Beans, some different types of Flowers, Sunflowers, Yellow Squash (you'de think we would be tired of Yellow Squash by now :D), Zucchini Squash, and Several other things....but my mind ain't remembering ;).
Well I hope Y'all enjoy the Pictures.





Mr Lawhead and Sam working on starting the Tilling.



Some of the Starter Plants we planted.


They got it going!



The Lawheads. Jess call's them our "Gardening Angels". :D :D


The Garden half done.


Daddy's Bamboo! Daddy wanted Bamboo and he asked Jess to ask Mr Lawhead...well she forgot, But he brought some just cause he felt he needed to! :D :D


The Tiller hard at work.


More seeds to plant! We had many Varieties of seeds.


Jess and her Peppermint Plant.


Done with the Tilling...now to start with the Fertilizing.


Oh, I guess Ben knew what was coming next, SO he decided to get started on it.


Jess and I, Spreading the Fertilizer.


Now you might wonder why this is here...but you will figure it out when you scroll down.



Haha, Ben and I trying to act like the couple in the Picture above. :D


Us girls planting Broccoli, Cilantro, and Dill.


Our Hard working boys planting Corn.


Jess Scaring me! but...I wasn't really Scared..I did it for the Picture. :D :D

Posted by Rachel

8 comments:

  1. Nice garden y'all! :)I bet you will enjoy the fruits of your labor.
    Great post Rach! We need to get together sometime. It had been forever! :( :)
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful post, Rachel. Garden looks great, I'm so happy for you. Mr. P wants to remind you to beware of the weeds that will take and choke those precious plants. He's having trouble keeping his hoed, that's what made him think about that. I love that peppermint, Jess!! Enjoy your harvest

    Love you all,
    Java

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden was looking really nice when I saw it last! Good going - great, gardening, Graves gang! (If you haven't already noticed, I have an asinine affectionate affinity for assonance)

    BTW - that bamboo looks suspicially familiar. Hopefully you do not have a distant relative of our very invasive "enemy bamboo" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Graves,
    I love the garden. We should be home for a visit sometime in May. (Lord Willing!!!) I can't wait to see the garden close up..

    We Love you,
    The Lains

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ya'll! Sorry I havent posted, but I have been reading! :)

    The garden looks great, ya'll!! :) Much better than when I saw it about 3 weeks ago--like, it was just a patch of dirt then. I thin I see green now... :) :)

    Cant wait to see yall, its been forever. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? Nobody caught my mistake?

    Right after I published my silly comment, I realized that it is not assonance that I am so abundantly fond of, but alliteration. Guess I'm not so witty after all :/

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey everyone! I love the pics of your garden! =] The one of Rachel and Ben is my favorite! I made a blog, check it out sometime. :)

    See y'all soon!!

    From,
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks great. Keep up the good work. Gardening in Florida has its challenges, but it can be very rewarding.
    Use lots of organic matter, leaves, grass clippings, compost.
    Hope to see you all soon and some of the fruits of your labor :)

    Molly

    ReplyDelete